Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow day

For the first time since we've had Will, we're having a snow day. Talk about weird Alabama weather!  We woke up to a blanket of white snow, and it came down for several hours this morning. Everything was coated, but now it's melting away.  Thankfully, we took a few pictures to document Will's first snow.  It was still coming down pretty hard when we took these, so we tried to capture it from inside the house.  I hid my face since I had just woken up, but you can see how short my hair is.  I went to get it colored and cut yesterday while Will and Brian had some father-son bonding time.  Apparently Will had a good time while I was gone, napping on his daddy's chest, smiling at silly conversations, and learning the lyrics to some new rock songs.  

I can't believe it's March already.  The end of maternity leave is rapidly approaching.  Although I dread leaving my little man during the day, I know that it won't be long until summer break. Also this month is our 5th wedding anniversary.  Maybe we'll find a babysitter and have "parents' night out."  Those are rare these days, so we'll truly enjoy it if we're able to make it happen.  

I hear little sounds over the monitor hinting that Will is waking up from his nap and will want to be fed soon, so duty calls.  As usual, here are a few pictures of Will's latest activities. 


This picture shows my clever combination of two really popular baby products - the Bumbo and the Boppy.  He is still a little wobbly in the Bumbo, so I added the Boppy for more added support.  He likes it for very short periods of time, and it helps him strengthen his muscles.  



 

No, he's not really napping on the daybed.  He fell asleep on me while I was rocking him, so I put him here for a quick photo op. before placing him in the crib.  You can see the snow in the background.


I love watching him sleep.




Looking at the snow in the cul-de-sac




Someone recently told me after seeing the blog that it seemed like Will was always smiling.  Well, not exactly.  I usually only post the best pictures, and he definitely is showing his range of facial expressions these days.  This one shows his "mad" look.  He pouts out his lower lip and gives me this glare.  He gets even more mad when I laugh, but I can't help it; it's so cute!  

  

1 comment:

  1. Very cute photos! Great idea with the boppy/bumbo combo.

    ReplyDelete

Followers