Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm attached, what can I say?

Today was really hard.  Yesterday was fine since it was a teacher work day, but students came back today.  Somehow it makes it even harder to leave my sweet boy when I'm having to deal with hormonal, moody middle-schoolers.  I didn't boo-hoo, but I came pretty close two different times today when other teachers would ask me how I was doing.  I miss my love, our normal routine at home, and knowing I'll see every milestone.  Summer will be here soon though, so I hold on to that thought.  I'm sure once I survive the week, it'll be slightly better.  Here's hoping.  One thing that HAS made it easier is that Will has been a dream (at least around us).  He wakes up happy, eats quickly, then smiles and laughs during our brief morning playtime.  He doesn't fuss at getting in the carseat, and he doesn't cry when I leave him.  He looks content when I come to get him, and his face erupts in a smile when he sees me.  He gibber-gabbers away at me in the afternoon, still loves his bath and baby massage, and never protests his bedtime.  He makes it easy to love being a parent.  I'm not going to pretend it'll all be this easy, but I think he knows that his impressive behavior makes it just a little easier on his mommy right now.  Like I said, I'm attached.  I hate leaving him, but things are going great with the sitter and she takes wonderful care of him.  So it's a hard week, but I'm looking forward to Saturday when I have a whole day to devote to my sweet William James.  No pictures tonight - just the update.  Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. I understand how you feel completely! My sweethearts are 4 and 2 and have been in day care since they were only few months old but I still sit here some days and long to be with them. I could just cry thinking of the time I'm missing and how fast they are growing up.... Oh if we could just all stay home instead of having to work! At least being a teacher allows us so much more time with them than lots of mothers get! I feel your pain!--Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Followers