
July 2008, at a going-away party for a friend.

Late June 2008 - I loved this stage of pregnancy. We're at a cousin's birthday party.
At a military ball in Nashville - fun times (2007)
Acting goofy on our deck in Clarksville - trying to get a picture for our Christmas card. We never took one good enough but we had fun trying.
Six months later - he's home for GOOD. I made a special t-shirt to wear and had a big sign waiting on him in the yard. This was the happiest day of my life next to Will being born. I can't really describe in words how happy I was to see him. He had sent me a journal weeks before that he had kept for me during his deployment. It was so sweet. My husband may be a macho-man, but when times get tough, he can be a true uncover romantic. I bet he'll cringe a little as he reads this. Cat's out of the bag honey. :-)
Flash forward quite a bit - this was from the summer of 2006 when Brian came home from Iraq for two weeks. It was the most difficult thing we've ever been through, and having two weeks was bittersweet since he had to return for another 6 months in Iraq. My husband hates to smile for the camera, but believe me, he is HAPPY but TIRED. He had rented a car in Atlanta to drive home just to see me several hours before he could if he had waited for his flight. I thought that was so sweet.

Grand Canyon - we drove there when we lived in Arizona. Although I absolutely hated living there, we had some good memories of going to Tombstone to go to saloons in costume and hanging out with friends in the little mining town of Bisbee. We expanded our "family" in Arizona by giving Rocky a brother, Mick.

Brian's 2004 graduation commissioning ceremony. Mom and I pinned him, and Daniel Hartzog came to give him his first salute. He tried to look all military-stern, but he's really happy. Afterward, our family and friends ate Mexican and then went out to the Sneaky Tiki.

This was shortly after we were married at the ROTC ball at Ole Miss. I love this picture of us, although my face could definitely use a little sun (or darker make-up)! We had just gotten our puppy, Rocky, a few months earlier. Living in Oxford was really fun. Some of the most memorable times included eating crawfish at Aden's Grill and meeting friends at Parish's.

Later that night, a lot of our friends and us went out to a place on the reservoir. We even had the same cab driver that I had for my bachelorette party. It was awesome to see our friends getting along so well. Many had never met each other (college friends/high school friends/ Brian's college friends, etc.), but everyone had a blast.

At our reception in Jackson when we got home. Almost all of our friends and close family members were there, and we were able to relax and visit since the wedding was over. The food was great and everyone seemed to have a good time visiting.
Our whole trip was a blast - some of the best memories ever.

What a beautiful setting! Our ceremony was so special - just us and a Bahamian minister (plus the people laying out in the sun who watched). I am so glad we went away to get married.

Our wedding: 3/17/04, Nassau, Bahamas. I love my dress. Love it. Still take it out of the closet from time to time to stare at it.
This was at my 2003 Vandy graduation. Little did I know that Brian would propose several weeks later. He told my mom, sister, and sister-in-law on the way up to Nashville. I was so sick in this picture. The air in the gym wasn't working well and my sinuses were killing me.

Back from our dating days - this is in about 2002/2003 era at Brian's old college apartment. We went to college 4 hours apart, so we'd take turns every few weeks making the drive. I miss the drive from Nashville to Oxford during the fall, going the cut-through way through Jackson, TN. It was always beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment