Our baby is growing up. As Will was eating his nightly meal in his highchair, we couldn’t help but talk about how big he looked. I’m truly amazed at human life and how fast babies grow in such a short amount of time. Just looking back at this blog makes me sentimental. Where is time going?
There really hasn’t been any major milestones this week, just more of the cute stuff. Will loves smiling and giggling at mommy, but he prefers talking with his daddy. As soon as he sees Brian, he starts jabbering away. For whatever reason, he doesn’t do this with me. Brian says it’s “their thing.” It’s so cute, and I know it sure makes his daddy proud. Yes, I’ve already said the word cute three times in one paragraph. We joke that Will might think his name is “Cute” if we keep this up. I need to find some more synonyms I suppose! Will also loves to stand up. He needs our support of course, but he does most of the work on his own. It's as if he wants to skip the whole crawling thing and just start walking. When on his tummy, he shows signs that he wants to crawl. He'll make these crawling motions that almost look like he's swimming, but he can't go anywhere. When he can push against something, he'll creep up a little. It seems like yesterday, he was this little thing that couldn't even support his own head. Like I said, I'm amazed.
Brian has finals approaching, and we’re wondering how he’ll do without some medical situation stressing him out. It seems like we’re always at the doctor during finals – my emergency appendectomy, my pregnancy appointments, and then having Will plus the NICU visit days afterward. During all of this, Brian always had to study. Hopefully this time we’ll all be healthy!
It’s late and I’m sleepy, so I’ll cut to the chase and add a picture and a special treat, a short video! I haven’t utilized my camera’s ability to take short video clips in ages. I rediscovered the feature and wha-la, a video of Will giggling. Please forgive my ridiculous high-pitched mommy voice. I cringe when I hear it played back. I’d like to think I sound nothing like that in real life, or at least, when speaking to adults!
No comments:
Post a Comment