Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

Well, it just keeps happening. Although I think I can’t love Will anymore than I already do, he always comes up with something new to keep me falling in love all over again. He has been giving little laughs for about two or three weeks now, but this weekend, he finally erupted in giggles. Maybe he wanted to show off for Grandmonty, who was visiting. Whatever the reason, the boy is laughing up a storm. It just warms my heart to hear it.

He was a good boy for Grandmonty, who babysat for almost an entire day while I worked then joined Brian at his law review banquet. It was fun to get out, but I enjoyed lounging around the house Friday with mom and Will (Brian was here too, but he was diligent in studying in his office most of the day). Saturday, we got out for awhile, but the dreary weather and my sinuses made us head home early. We ate great all weekend, of course. Mom brought crawfish Wed., then Friday she cooked steak while I made the sides. Saturday night I cooked chicken picatta with pasta and asparagus, and Sunday mom made a great Easter lunch of ham, dressing, butterbeans, and rolls. Now I’m stuffed and am contemplating an afternoon nap while Will is down. He’s napped great today in his pack n’ play, and I’m thinking he must be tired from the extra excitement of mom’s visit, me being home, and all the laughing and silliness.

I have Monday off of work also (inclement weather day never used), so I look forward to having yet another day at home with Brian and Will. Mom left today to beat the bad weather that is headed our way tomorrow, so I’ll probably catch up on housework and get lots of playtime with Willie- Bug (our new nickname for him). We might even watch another movie. Lately, we’ve seen some good ones: Marley & Me, Grand Torino, Seven Pounds, and Slum Dog Millionaire to name a few. I’ll also continue our new late afternoon routine of feeding Will in his highchair. I am laying off the veggies until Will gets good at eating rice cereal. He is starting to understand that he opens his mouth with the spoon comes near, but he doesn’t understand that he’s supposed to swallow it. I know it’ll come with time, so we’ll keep trying until he gets the hang of it.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers