Tuesday, October 27, 2009

More "firsts"



Will has had a busy week. We went to his Aunt Maury's for the weekend, and she generously volunteered to keep him overnight so I could join my mom, aunt, and Fairman-family cousins in Gulf Shores for the annual "Cousin Condo" trip. This trip started decades ago with my Gram and her sisters, and although they have all passed on, their daughters and granddaughters carry on the tradition. It's a fun no-kids-allowed trip, so Will stayed with his Aunt Maury, Uncle Doug, and cousins Raylee and Darby. It was the first time he's stayed overnight with someone other than me or Brian, and it was only the second night I've been away from him ever! It went smoothly, and I had fun even though I missed him. It was also the first time anyone other than Brian or I drove him anywhere! They went to Darby's soccer game and to run a few errands, and he was content to be out and about. Of course, Will loved being the center of attention. He even got to see his Grandmonty for a day before we headed back to Birmingham. Brian was eager to have us back and spent the afternoon playing with his little buddy. I have to say, although I like traveling and love seeing my dear family, there's no place like home.

I'd love to post pictures of our weekend, but I forgot to pull out my camera. Maury was focused on making sure she had what she needed for Will for the day, so she forgot to bring her camera out Saturday. I think she got some photos back at the house, but until I get those, these recent pictures will have to do.

He's turning the t.v. on and off, on and off ... - his new hobby!



I almost feel bad posting this one, just because I don't have a picture of Will and Darby. Here is Will and Raylee playing in the washing machine box. Who needs toys when you can have a plain ole' box? Equally entertaining! Both Raylee and Darby love their little cousin and are soooo sweet with him. They're also a huge help! Thanks girls! We love y'all! I'll update this with more pictures if I can get them from Maury's camera.


Check out is crazy hair. I am sentimental about his puppy dog onesie shirt in this picture. A friend gave me some great hand-me-downs (Thanks MaryAnn!), and I found this top in 18 month size. Will had the exact same one in newborn size, and it was part of the outfit he wore home from the NICU after his jaundice ordeal. Seeing him all big and healthy wearing it now makes me nostalgic and proud of how far he's come. It's hard to believe he was a little 5 lb. 13 ounce baby at one time, and it's even harder to believe that was nearly a YEAR ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers