We had a great Halloween! Friday night, we went to the "Boo at the Zoo" event. The only thing that really impressed Will was the Llama in the barn, but it was a fun, family-friendly environment. It'll definitely have to become a tradition. Will's daddy is camera shy, so here's a picture he took of us at the zoo (below). It was a warm night, so we put Will in his skeleton pjs instead of his very heavy fleece costume. It worked out for the best though - we put him straight to bed anyway once we got home (which, by the way, was 7:30 - late night for Mr. Will, who is usually in bed by 7!).
My neighborhood had a little party in the cul-de-sac Saturday. The adults mostly dressed up too, so I was a good sport and pulled out pieces of an old "Dark Fairy" costume. I figured it complimented the fantasy creature motif, as Will was a magical dragon. Here we are, smiling it up for the camera. 

Then we went outside - no more smiles! This wasn't the worst face he made. He literally scowled for awhile. He was not a fan of being outside in his costume. He cheered up a little when I let him play with my fairy wand.
I knew he might cheer up when we went to visit to Baw-baw and Pock - the sweet couple that kept Will for the 9 weeks I was back at work in the spring. They loved seeing Will in his costume, and he was happy again - for AWHILE at least. He was in such a good mood, I thought we'd pop in and see our honorary grandparents, Pawpaw Bill and MawMaw Pat (Pawpaw Bill is the one who handmade Will's rocking horse and is Brian's brother, Eric's grandfather). Unfortunately, by the time we got there, Will was tuckered out and ready to call it a night. We said quick hellos, then I got the little man back home so he could have a bottle and hit the sack.
Overall, it was a great Halloween. Holidays are so much fun with children, and I'm looking forward to the next ones to come - Thanksgiving, Will's Birthday, then Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment