Dear Will,
You won’t ever get the opportunity to know your Granddaddy that you were named after, but I often think about how much he would have ADORED you. I have a feeling that he would have called you his little fella (which his own Papa called him when he was a child). He would have let you sit in the back of his truck when you were older for slow rides on the farm. He would have loved taking you on nature walks through the woods. I know he would have a huge grin on his face when playing with you, and he would beam with pride when anyone asked about you. Even though you won’t have the privilege of knowing firsthand how wonderful he was, I promise to always tell you stories about him. I promise to instill many of the same values he engrained in me. I promise to always make you feel as loved as I’ve always felt.
So sweet, Alison! We are in the same situation with Amelia and wanting her to know about Cliff's mom. Thinking of you today.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I remember that and how Amelia's full name was also a tribute.
ReplyDeletesooooo soooo sweet. :)
ReplyDelete