Monday, November 30, 2009

Days away ...



We have officially entered the birthday week. Friday is the big day. I tear up just thinking about it. My little man is growing up! We're going to celebrate with homemade cupcakes that I'm making (well, semi-homemade thanks to "The Cake Mix Doctor" recipe book), and I'm sure if Will is anything like his momma, he'll LOVE his first bite of cake.

Will is standing more on his own now and can cruise furniture like a pro., but when he's motivated to get somewhere quick, he still drops into a crawl. His newest trick is escaping the "fortress" we created in our living room to keep him in. We've tried filling in gaps with step stools, pillows, etc. but he always finds a way. He's quite the problem-solver.

I hate I didn't get a picture of him on his first Thanksgiving, but he wasn't up to photos since he was sick. Yup, sick on Thanksgiving, just before I pulled out the turkey. He was running a super high fever, and it gave us a little scare. After talking to the pediatrican on-call, we felt better and were able to get it down a bit. I was super disappointed that we had to cancel our holiday dinner plans with our friends (Will's best friend Elias and his parents). They still came over, but our leisurely dinner plans became a quick food swap (food was yuuuummmmmy). Our Black Friday was spent at the ped's office, where my suspicions were confirmed - ear infection. Although his sleep is still a bit unpredictable due to his discomfort, his fever is normal and he's feeling much better. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tonight goes well. Otherwise, we may put in a call tomorrow to see if we need to come in for a follow-up. Will is supposed to go next week to his one-year checkup, so maybe we could just get it done early and have his ears checked all at once.

Stay tuned next weekend for birthday pictures of our small party for three. Until then, here are a few I snapped today. He's too busy to pose these days!






Here, he's moving the pack n' play in search of crawling freedom.

1 comment:

Followers