Thursday, February 12, 2009

New experiences

Time is going too fast! I can’t believe it’s already February. Will just went on his first road trip. We decided to go visit Grandmonty, but first we stopped by Monticello to visit Mark, Kim, Sarina, Alyssa, and Levi. We also got to see Aunt Jane, Uncle Jimmy, and Betsy and Cody. In Hammond, Aunt Maury and cousins Raylee and Darby were there to greet us, along with many other cousins and Aunt Elizabeth and Uncle Jules. On our way home, we stopped by Lora’s house for a quick visit. We didn’t get to see everyone, but we tried to see as many people as possible. Overall, it went really well. I packed everything we might possibly need, so my car was fully loaded with baby gear! Traveling with an infant is very challenging, but I’m glad to took the plunge. Will enjoyed the attention he received from everyone, but I think he was happy to be home and see his daddy. He also missed his baby bathtub, as the travel one just wasn’t the same!

We’ve been spending the last few days just recuperating from our trip and playing around the house. Will just discovered that he likes his play mat/gym. He smiles at the flashing star, looks at himself in the mirror, and bats at the chime toys that hang down. It’s amazing to watch. I can almost see his little mind churning. Last night during “tummy time,” we watched in amazement as he rolled from his belly to his back. Unless you’ve been a parent, you probably can’t understand why this would be exciting. We were cheering and smiling as if he hit a home run or brought home a great report card.

Will is changing so much. He finally has the tiniest little rolls of fat on his legs. It’s such a welcome sight, as he was so fragile and thin at first. He’s probably in the 10 pound range, which is still small for his age. His 3 month clothing is going to be tight soon due to his length, and I can’t believe we’ll have to go up the next size before I know it. We haven’t heard him laugh yet, but he smiles all the time now. He has pretty good head and neck control, but he still bobbles just a bit. It’s really fascinating how much they change in such a short amount of time. I’m just trying to savor each stage while I can.

So enough of the update. Here’s what you really want to see - a few recent pictures of our trip and from around the house. Enjoy!


Will on his play mat




He's smiling at one of the little toys




I never get tired of seeing that sweet smile!





Swinging while mommy cooks supper




Will and his favorite toy, his seahorse



Will loved to smile at Grandmonty



Will with cousins Alyssa, Sarina, and Levi. Will is smiling because Alyssa is being silly.





Will with his future buddy, Cody (Betsy's little boy).


Cody looks confused as to why Will wouldn't play and just wanted to sleep. Give him some time Cody, and I'm sure he'll be a great play mate soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new photos! Glad Will is getting some meat on those bones! And congrats to him on his rolling over accomplishment. We are terrible at remembering to do tummy time so who knows when Amelia will try that trick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure it'll be awhile before he'll roll back-to-front since that's harder. We're bad about doing tummy time because he hates it so much. That's the reason why he rolled over - he wanted back onto his back, ha! I hope work is going well. I have a month before I have to make that transition myself.

    ReplyDelete

Followers