One of my biggest mommy-regrets is letting this blog go by the wayside. There is no way to possibly "catch up," and I know I can't try and can only start doing better moving forward. If Will can just know that while his mommy hasn't documented things as well the past year-and-a-half, it's because she's been busy - busy playing on the floor with him, taking him to the park, multi-tasking doing the daily tasks of life like cooking and cleaning while juggling an active little boy. We have been living life, and I can say confidently that this little boy has had a lot of fun in that amount of time.
Perhaps the biggest change in that time is the fact that Will is now a BIG BROTHER. His baby brother, Wyatt, is affectionately known as "Baby Quiet." It began early on in my pregnancy after we discovered we were having another boy. We named him Wyatt, and while Will was and is fully capable of pronouncing the name correctly, he started saying, "Quiet!" Now Baby Quiet has stuck and it's hard for Brian and I not to say it too. I'll blog soon about all things Wyatt, but for now, let me just say that Will has been the sweetest big brother we could ask for. He loves to whisper softly to him, to kiss him on the forehead, and to talk in that high-pitched voice his momma uses to get Wyatt to coo and smile. It melts my heart to see my two boys together. Brian and I are very lucky to have two healthy boys.
Will just turned 3, and what a difference a year has made. At two, he was barely talking. He had words but didn't really string together sentences. All of the sudden, a few months after he was two, boom! He started talking in conversations and never looked back. He says the craziest things and loves to sing now. Today he told me, out of the blue, that I was his favorite GWIRL (how SAD I will be when he finally says it correctly). Oh how I adore that little boy!
I won't overwhelm myself now with a long blog, but my goal is to write and write frequently, even if it's only a paragraph or two. I love blogging, and I feel like it was a great creative outlet for me. I look forward tot getting back into it, even if it's not perfect, not always prettied-up with pictures or even proofread.
p.s. two napping kids at the same time = bliss.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay!
ReplyDelete