Sunday, January 10, 2010

Visiting Louisiana & Mississippi

We headed south the day after Christmas. I look forward to this time with my family every year, and since we didn't travel last year with our newborn, I was especially excited about this year's trip. Will was a great traveler and didn't even fuss. I'm enjoying this while I can, because I know it won't last forever! At Grandmonty's, he was the center of attention, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Her house is so open, giving him plenty of room to explore. We ate wonderful food, played games, and had a great time. The sad part is that Will's bad momma didn't take a single picture in Louisiana! I know, I know - horrible. I guess I was preoccupied with making sure that Will didn't get into anything since the house wasn't exactly babyproof. I'm making it a New Year's resolution to take more family pictures when we're together.

After several days, we stayed a night in Monticello before heading back home. It was a busy day - Will had two playdates. Below is the ONE picture I got of him and Cody, Betsy's little man. I know - not a good picture but they didn't want to look at the same time. Under that one is a pic. of when they first met. See the difference now? There is about a 9 month difference between the two pictures. Now Will is almost as tall as Cody when he's standing up straight (we think within an inch or two judging from our last ped's visit). Betsy and I have been friends since we were about 3, so it's really special seeing our own children getting to play.


Will & Cody 12/30/09

Flashback: Will and Cody 2/??/09 (Will was two months old)

The next playdate was with Mindy's little girl Peyton. What a cutie pie! She was such an adorable ball of energy. Poor Will wasn't feeling up to playing much, so it mostly consisting of Peyton trying to get Will in a better mood. Sorry, Peyton! Maybe next time he'll be more up to it and not cutting those pesky top teeth. Thanks, Ms. Denise, for the pictures!





We also saw family - Will's Uncle Mark, Aunt Kim, lots of cousins, Aunt Jane, Matt, and Aunt Pi. Will especially enjoyed Aunt's Pi's bubble-blowing, which won him over instantly. I did manage to snap a few shots.






It was a good visit - short, but good - but "there's no place like home." As much as I love visiting my family, it always is nice to get back to our comfy bed and normal routines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers