Sunday, August 16, 2009

8 months and still not a crawler!

Pajama Time!  



Funny shirt, funny hair, funny expression

Life is good here at the Noble household.  Brian’s about to start school again and has made some career planning decisions that we’re really excited about.  I’m thrilled to be at home this year, and while I did miss a little of the back-to-school excitement, that all ended when I started imagining doing lesson plans and grading papers!  I plan to take advantage of the extra time and travel to see family more when Brian’s busy during the week. 

 

Will is STILL not crawling, the little stinker!  We see progress though, just slow progress!  Now he is lifting his bottom off the floor, so I can picture it happening any day now.  It seems most of my friends’ kids were crawling by this point, so it concerns us a little.  I’ve spoken to several people though who say that their kids were late crawlers or skipped crawling altogether.  It’s so hard not to compare your child to others, but I know it’s true that all kids do things at their own pace.  He’s pretty mobile though and can roll around over and over to get across the floor.  Changing diapers is a challenge, since he always tries to flip around mid-change.  At least I change less dirty diapers now.  I won’t ramble on about the pottying because I know most people are skeptical, but I really do think he’s understanding.  As long as I give him opportunities at prime times, he’ll go within a minute or so.  It’s only taking a total of maybe 10 extra minutes a day to do this, so I don’t feel like it’s a burden on me in any way.  I guess time will tell if it has any lasting effect on his ability to get out of diapers altogether. 

 

In other Will news, he is eating more finger foods now.  Rocky and Mick are a little disappointed that he’s caught on to getting almost all of the puffs and cheerios in his mouth instead of dropping them on the floor.  He also can feed himself teething biscuits, little bites of banana, Baby Mum Mum rice snacks, and little veggies and noodles from soup (I rinse the broth off and just put the pieces on his tray – thanks to my sister Midge for this idea).  I’ll also puree vegetables in the food processor for him.  He doesn’t like them alone (who can blame him with no seasoning), but I mix the veggies with store-bough baby food.  Since he’s approaching 9 months, I’ll start trying to give him little bites of what we’re having more often.  He still gets four 8 ounce bottles a day, but I’m very excited about getting him off formula in several months.  That stuff is expensive! 

 

He loves his toys, especially his Leap Frog activity table and more simple toys like his Fisher Price Roll-A-Round balls.  He also likes his monkey puppet, which I make sing and dance.  Although he still really enjoys his jumperoo, we are limiting his time in it since we think it’s contributing to his tippy-toe standing.  He likes his Jeep walker too, but he doesn’t stay in there for too long for the same reason.  It’s so nice that I can put him on the floor, and he'll sit by himself and play with toys for quite some time.  My days are numbered as I’m sure he’ll soon be bored with staying in one spot very soon!

 

Naptime is almost over, so I’ll cut this short.  Hopefully I’ll have more mobility news in the next blog!  I also hope to hear that wonderful word, “Mama” come out of his mouth in the near future.  


Momma's boy (but he still thinks his dad is pretty cool)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers